Thursday, December 16, 2010

Conversations with Jake

Jake: Mom, have I ever been to daycare?
Me: No
J: Awww...they have lots of fun stuff there. Why haven't I ever been to daycare?
M: Well, when dad and I had you, I stopped working so I could take care of you.
J: Grrr...I really just wanted to go to daycare.
M: Jake, you are lucky to have parents that can take care of you during the day. Most kids in daycare don't have that. Their parents have to go to work and can't play or take care of them. That's why they go to daycare. Plus, as nice as daycare teachers are, they can't love you like dad and I.
J: ARRR...GRRRRR!! (Foot-stomp, foot-stomp) That's not what I wanted. I really just wanna go to daycare!!! (Stomping to bedroom.)

*Sigh* I guess some days are like that...even for a stay-at-home mom!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I wonder who told him about daycare? Some day he will be very thankful for your hard work and sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens. This is so funny because Abby and I have had this conversation numerous times in the last few months. She wants to go to the day care advertised on PBS kids. She already has one picked out!

    ReplyDelete