Last Wednesday I noticed Jake's pants were looking a bit short on him. "Gosh dang!" I thought. We just bought him new pants for the school year last month. I made sure to even get them a little long so they could last two years.
"Jake, are those your new pants?" I asked.
"Uh-huh," he half-heartedly responded.
"They look a bit short, buddy."
"hmm."
So off he went to school, and even after school I just couldn't believe he would grow so fast, or that the pants I just bought him could shrink so much. But on went the day, pajamas went on, stories were read, and kids went to bed.
Now it was finally time to fold the couch full of laundry. Fold, fold, fold....put away, put away..."Hey," I thought to myself, "what ever happened to the new jeans I bought for Lucie?"
Ding, ding, ding (that's the sound of the light bulb that switches on in my head... ding, ding, ding.)
So to my relief Jake was not outgrowing his new jeans. He was wearing his little sister's size 4T jeans all day. It took me a few minutes to stop laughing uncontrollably and tell the doctor what was so hilarious. Size 7 Jake wearing size 4T girl pants...ha, ha, ha! I love that kid! Apparently he'll wear whatever I put in his dresser drawer.
I laughed like crazy at this story too.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh - that is hilarious! you go jake :)
ReplyDeletei can't stop laughing. hysterical.
ReplyDeletehe should wear her knickers too, wayyyyyy more comfy than y fronts
ReplyDelete