Saturday, December 25, 2010

Stats...

The girls had their three and two year check-ups this past Wednesday. Jake went into the pediatrician that morning (croup). Plus I had tons of treats yet to make for gifts. This meant the girls got to take their daddy with them. (Have I ever mentioned what an awesome dad the doctor is? I love that he is always more than willing to do the things I don't want to. I was especially glad he went since they both received immunizations.)

Lucie taking a mid-morning nap, after a 4 am wake-up.

Anyhow, Lucie is my healthy, strong little girl. She acts shy at times, which I think is hilarious. Once she feels comfortable around you she will cuddle up and talk your ear off! She is now just over 3 feet  2 1/2 inches tall (79th percentile), and weighs 36 pounds 12 ounces (90th percentile). Right now she is on antibiotics for the same thing Jake has.

Holly taking her mid-morning nap, after Lucie's 4 am wake-up call.

Holly is an angel! I'm grateful that even if she does not feel great, she is still a sweetheart. At her appointment she was 2 feet 10 inches tall (61st percentile), and 28 pounds 8 ounces (71st percentile). The pediatrician did notice her eyes were filling with discharge, so now she is receiving antibiotic eye drops two times a day for an infection. Last night she was struggling again to breath, so the doctor took her to the emergency room. They diagnosed her with croup, gave her a steroid shot, and sent her home. (By now we have learned to automatically take her to the children's hospital and pack a bag in case she is admitted. Thankfully she was not admitted!) Today her breathing was much improved and her cough does not sound so terrible.

I love these two girls! I love that they play house and fill up their doll strollers with Jake's hot wheels together. I love that Lucie shows Holly how to diaper her baby doll, and when Holly gets hurt she'll search out Lucie for a love. Although they can sometimes fight like teenage sisters (hair pulling and pushing) they also love sharing clothes and dressing up together.  I'm finally beginning to see why Heavenly Father prompted us to have these two wonderful girls so close together. They will not only be great sisters, but great friends. They are lucky to have each other.

1 comment: