Friday, October 29, 2010

Post, Post, & Post

Post One: Oregon Zoo
 We love having a zoo pass, but have not used it much this year. The zoo is on the other side of Portland, across the river as they say. I was determined, however, on Wednesday that the children and I take advantage of the dry, sunny day. Jacob was out of school which worked out well.
It was crisp, fall temperatures, but a perfect day. The best part had to be how empty the zoo was. I even felt comfortable letting Holly out of the stroller to roam with Jacob and Lucie.
It was "my best day ever", as Jacob would say. Also, I enjoyed just spending time with my little ones. Just us with no other place to be. We did miss the doctor (yucky school...blah!). We'll take him next time.


Post Two: The ER
This is what went down on Thursday. Late in the afternoon Jacob, Lucie, Holly, and I made some crafts with pipe cleaners and beads. Not long after I cleaned up that mess I started to work on the girls Halloween wands. I noticed Lucie found a bead left on the table and picked it up. (Note that these are the plastic preschool type beads. Not tiny beads for necklaces or bracelets.) No more than thirty seconds later she starts screaming, grabbing at her nose. Oh...crap, I thought in my mind. Yep, she stuck it up her nose. and not just up her nose. It was past where anything could get it out. The main problem was the size of the bead in relation to the size of her nostril. This was not my first ro-de-o with Lucie sticking things up her nose. Last December she stuck a Hershey kiss wrapper all the way up, but that was easy to get out with tweezers. The bead was unlike the candy wrapper, since it was harder and larger. It made a large bump on the bridge of her nose. Plus, if you know Lucie you know she's a dramatic little girl. Wow!
So I text the doctor 911, he quickly took his quiz, rushed home and took Lucie to the ER. Poor Goosey! Apparently the doctor and three nurses had to hold her down so the ear nose and throat doc could get it out. I hope she's learned her lesson! Kids and their fascination with sticking things up their noses! Fingers, candy wrappers, beads...geez!


Post Three: Halloween Party
The U of Western States International Cooking club sponsered a Halloween party tonight. The children (and by children I mean Jake) were excited to finally wear their costumes. I even got into the spirit of things and came up with something. The Doctor (behind the camera) was a cowboy and I was the laundry (my worst nightmare...being overcome by laundry, which at this moment is the state our loveseat is in). Jacob was Aang from Avatar: the Last Airbender. Lucie and Holly were fairies (they didn't have their wands or wings yet). William, of course, was Babyzilla.
Tomorrow night we have the ward Halloween party, which is where we will do trick-or-treating. Our wonderful primary president thought it a good idea to do that so our kids did not feel the need to go out on Sunday. Plus, I prefer trick-or-treating at church as opposed to knocking on  a stranger's door and taking their candy.
Yea!! Two nights of candy overload!!  Should be good times, great fun.

1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes very creative. I love that you call J "the doctor". Daughter like father I remember when big J stuck and elderberry up his nose. It was all very tramatic. Pretty amazing that I remember cause I was pretty little. I was probably about 5 maybe 6.

    ReplyDelete